CREATING A RECYCLING SCHEME TO KEEP WESTERN AUSTRALIA BEAUTIFUL
Western Australia Return Recycle Renew Limited (WARRRL) is the not-for-profit organisation created to establish and run Containers for Change in Western Australia.
- Empower communities with the knowledge and motivation to easily recycle.
- Provide a refund point network that is safe, stable, efficient, widely accessible, and financially sustainable.
- Build a culture which recognises and celebrates the positive impact of Containers for Change.
About Containers For Change
Containers for Change, Western Australia’s container deposit scheme, increases recycling rates and reduces litter.
Through Containers for Change, Western Australians can return empty eligible containers for a 10-cent refund, which can either be kept for themselves or donated to a registered charity, community group or not-for-profit.
Containers can be returned in two ways:
- At refund points, where you can choose to collect or donate your refund.
- At donation points, where you can donate your container to a group or organisation, who can then claim the refund.
Western Australians buy more than 1.45 billion drink containers every year, many of which are still thrown away. When you throw away your empty drink containers, you’re feeding the fill.
Containers for Change provides an exciting opportunity for community groups, sporting clubs, and charities to raise much-needed funds by encouraging people to donate their 10c refund.
Industry manufacturers and distributors share responsibility for the sustainable management of products. Beverage suppliers pay for the cost of operating a convenient and accessible container recycling scheme.
An important part of Containers for Change is the network of refund points across Western Australia, which accept the return of eligible containers and facilitate the 10c customer refunds.